The impact a supervisor or manager has on employees and productivity should never be underestimated. The Supervisory Certificate program has been specially designed to strengthen and develop supervisory skills necessary for successful productivity and performance –both for you and those you manage. During the course of the program, you will build upon skills in communication, leadership, and management. Course topics will revolve around the following:
Effective communication skills:
- Clear and Direct Communication
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Conflict Resolution
- Public Speaking
Effective leadership skills:
- Becoming a Strong and Inspiring Leader
- Leading Diverse Teams
- Driving Employee Engagement
Effective management skills:
- Interviewing and Selection Skills
- Time Management
- Strategic Agility
- Overcoming Barriers
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
The Supervisory Certificate is comprised of 11 full-day courses. All courses are held during weekdays and run from 8:30 am until 4:45 pm.
Cost for full-day courses is $250. Discounts are available if you register two or more weeks prior to each course start date.
- Take the courses in the order you wish
- Start the program at any time
- All courses will be offered at least once per calendar year
- Each course can be taken as a stand-alone course
Who Should Attend?
- Newly-designated supervisors and managers
- Aspirants to supervisory management
- Experienced managers who want to update their knowledge of effective supervisory management practices
There are no prerequisites to enter into the certificate program.
- The Supervisory Certificate is comprised of 11 full-day courses. Full attendance of all courses is required in order to earn the certificate.
- Take the courses at your own pace (the certificate may be completed as quickly as within 1 year or choose to take up to 2 years for completion). All courses are offered at least once per calendar year.
- Please review the certificate course requirements below. Then view the scheduled section dates for these courses in order to register.