A growing number of businesses are realizing the importance of sponsoring meetings and special events that are professionally planned and executed. The UNC Charlotte Certificate Program in Meeting & Event Planning is comprehensive—every session features interaction among students and faculty.
- Develop needs assessments and profile attendees
- Develop goals and objectives
- Design and develop outstanding programs
- More effectively communicate and negotiate with planners and suppliers
- Create budgets and develop timelines and checklists
- Conduct comprehensive site selections and inspections
- Plan for security, crisis management and legal issues
- Successfully market and promote your meeting or special event
- Implement a Green meeting
- Plan and process fundraising events
- Wedding planning
Each module is a different component, resulting in a composite that teaches tactical skills and strategic thinking techniques.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
“This program gave me the opportunity to follow my dream of being an event planner. Because of participating in this program I was given a volunteer opportunity that lead to a new career/job! It opened so many doors and was 110% worth it!”
Jody Young, Sales Coordinator
“It was a pleasure to receive the wealth of knowledge and resources from local and national experts in the Event and Meeting Planning industry, in all areas necessary to succeed in this field! Thank you for such a wonderful learning experience.”
Portia Kee, Events Manager
“This was an excellent program. It provided a great overview of all of the various aspects of meeting and event planning. The instructors brought real world knowledge and experience that contributed exceptional value to the entire program – definitely worth it.”
Amber Ernst, Events and Marketing Manager
To receive your record of attendance, full participation is expected. Participants must be present at the beginning of each course and be in attendance through the duration of each course in order to receive the record of attendance. Credit hours will only be adjusted under extenuating circumstances.