This course will introduce participants to MS Project 2010 and how to develop and track a project’s time and cost using the tool. Participants will have hands-on training on how to break down a project into manageable components using WBS and then develop and track a project’s time and cost. The course is suitable for someone with project management experience, including project managers, team members, project leaders, and other project scheduling practitioners. The course is developed within the Practice Standard for Scheduling, and Project Management Institute’s PMBOK® Guide. Project management practitioners will have the benefits of using MS Project in the classroom while learning tips, features, recommended guidelines, and how to apply scheduling techniques to manage project work.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- Introduction to MS Project 2010
- Breaking down project components using WBS
- Developing project schedule
- Tracking project schedule and cost using MS Project
- Entering and tracking resources using MS Project
- Generating project status reports to share with stakeholders
- An understanding of key scheduling concepts and terms
- The ability to configure essential elements of a new structure
- Entering and modifying task lists as well as setting dependencies between tasks
- Creating a resource list and generating task assignments
- Capturing the schedule baseline and tracking project progress
- Developing and tracking project schedule and cost using MS Project
This is a 2-day course.
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners. Click here to view the members of our Professional Development Advisory Board.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
For Program and Registration Questions:
Please call the Registration Center at 704-687-8900 or 1-877-741-0134 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email CEregistration@uncc.edu.
For best availability, students are encouraged to register at least two weeks prior to the start date of the course section.Please read: