All projects, regardless of their size, require a schedule. In addition to key aspects of schedule development, practical case studies will be used to allow sufficient practice of the control techniques and give the project manager a sound basis for effective application of scheduling software.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
Important NoteBeginning January 1, 2016, there will be a price increase on all courses within the Project Management Certificate, Business Process Management Certificate, and Business Analysis Certificate. The current full-price per course (without discounts) is $995. Beginning January 1, 2016, the full-price (without discounts) will be $1,295. Any current participant who plans to take courses with us after January 1, 2016 may still pay the current course price as long as they register for any 2016 courses BEFORE January 1, 2016.
Who Should Attend
Team members, and aspiring or current project managers in any industry will benefit from a clearer understanding of schedule development and presentation tools and techniques and methods to improve and control schedule performance.
What You Will Learn
Successful completion of this course allows the project leader to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the process of schedule development and tools available for schedule performance monitoring and status presentation. Included in this course are the following key topics and corresponding benefits for the attendee.
- Network diagram development – development of the schedule logic diagram from the WBS, understanding schedule duration and project critical path, and determination of activity float or slack
- Status and presentation tools – tools available to the project manager including precedence diagrams, Gantt charts, and milestone schedules
- Resource application to the schedule – determination of activity duration based on resource availability and productivity
- Schedule acceleration – application of tools and techniques for schedule improvement, understanding and negotiating tradeoffs among project scope and available resources and budget
- Schedule performance – control tools (e.g., earned value) available to monitor schedule performance, appropriate action by the project manager to deal with schedule performance deficiencies
Why Choose the UNC Charlotte Project Management Program?
- Certificate awarded by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte – a nationally recognized credential. UNC Charlotte is a large 26,000+ student, urban research, doctoral-granting university, the largest university in Charlotte and the fastest growing university in the 17 institution University of North Carolina system
- Courses taught by PMP® certified instructors with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- PMI members reporting their PDU activities rated our program with a 91% satisfaction rating (higher than the 86% average rating amongst all PMI project management training providers) - as of October 2013
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated by PMP®s for current applicability and adherence to the PMBOK® body of knowledge
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards post-Baccalaureate or post-Graduate level students
- Practical application – content is designed to develop specific skill sets immediately applicable in the workplace and job market
- History of success –
- PMI® registered Project Management program since 2002
- Over 2,000 enrollments
- Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
- UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with PMI ®, the Project Management Institute, PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Flexibility – take one or more courses to build a particular skill set or take all required courses to complete a certificate
- In addition to project management courses, we also offer a PMP® exam prep course specifically designed to prepare those individuals seeking national certification as a PMP®.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
“Instructor was great. Group exercises were simple and powerful. I intend to ‘borrow’ them for my own team.”
“I enjoyed the hands-on activities and group tasks. They were challenging and definitely encouraged applying course knowledge and prior knowledge.”
“Needs no improvement.”
“Class activities were great. Useful PMP Exam tips and real life examples help.”
“Clear and enjoyable teaching style made difficult material easy to understand and remember.”
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required