You have come a long way in your career as a project manager and now it’s time to reach another project management goal: to become PMP® certified. We understand it’s a challenge, yet very rewarding. We are here to ease your anxiety and help you prepare for the exam.
- Courses taught by PMP® certified instructors with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated by PMP®s for current applicability and adherence to the PMBOK® body of knowledge
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards post-Baccalaureate or post-Graduate level students
- PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Basics of exam application process
- Review of the PMBOK® Guide by knowledge area and process group
- Vocabulary in context of PMI® principles
- PMI® thinking on concepts and application of project management tools and techniques
- Strategies for test taking
- Subtleties in scenario-based questions
This course concentrates on the fundamental concepts of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) thinking and approach to project management topics, concepts, vocabulary and testing techniques. The course expands on what’s in the PMBOK® Guide to ensure that you have a better understanding of the topics that you might be tested on and how to prepare for the exam.
This course does not attempt to “teach answers” or only exam-taking techniques but rather explains understandings and applications to prepare participants for questions related to the five process groups and nine knowledge areas. Special attention and examples will be provided for the scenario-based questions in the exam.
This test-prep course is intended to supplement prior project management specific training and independent and/or group study and emphasize how PMI defines project management concepts based on best practices. The PMP® Exam goes beyond “what you know” by asking questions that determine “can you do project management.” Participants should already meet all the application requirements before taking this course.
Because of the nature of the exam, this course concentrates on the breadth of the knowledge areas. Content in this exam prep course complies with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), Fifth Edition.
Participants will receive: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
History of success: With over 2000 enrollments, UNC Charlotte has offered the PMI® registered Project Management program since 2002
Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
"Thought I would share that I passed the PMP exam this week. Thank you very much for the top-notch prep course. It certainly helped me prepare for the exam.”
Anyone committed and qualified to sit for the PMP® Exam should take advantage of this opportunity for “one last review”. This course is intended for participants who meet all exam application requirements as they will benefit from the vocabulary-rich discussion of PMI’s® thinking.
To confirm your qualification for the PMP® Exam, please review the application requirements at http://www.pmi.org/.