Improving processes begins with the customer – internal or external. Understanding which customers and which requirements are most critical to your business determines which processes should be improved. Before relying on advanced Six Sigma techniques, significant process learning can be achieved using tools such as trend charts, Pareto charts, histograms and fishbone diagrams.
Six Sigma performance is a worthy business goal. However, the investment required to train Green Belts and Black Belts is significant, as is the cultural shift that may be needed to embrace advanced statistical methods. Fortunately, it is not an all-or-nothing proposition for your organization. You can begin the journey simply by enhancing current process improvement techniques.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
Who Should Attend
- Manager of administration, operations or manufacturing
- Process owner, manager or analyst
- Functional or project manager
- Member of a process improvement team
- Anyone actively involved in your organization's process or quality improvement efforts.
What You Will Learn
- Measure and analyze process performance
- Determine what level of quality your process is capable of delivering
- Recognize trends in performance
- Identify the factors that limit quality, slow service time and increase costs
- Understand variability and how it drives your improvement tactics
- Evaluate and apply process improvement alternatives
- Develop results-oriented solutions that will yield improved business results
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
“Very practical useful information.”
“I was very pleased with this course.”
(I liked) “Learning various techniques to measure and diagnose issues. Compact time period.”
“Instructor concerned with participants’ level of understanding through questions, interactive discussion, perception checks.”
(I liked) “The practical knowledge that can be applied on my daily job.”
For Program and Registration Questions:
Please call the Registration Center at 704-687-8900 or 1-877-741-0134 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email CEregistration@uncc.edu.
For best availability, students are encouraged to register at least two weeks prior to the start date of the course section.Please read:
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Process Management Certificate : Required