Good project management is an important part of general business management; for information technology projects, it is critical. IT projects typically are more complex and have greater impact on business processes. Timelines are tighter and user/business needs are more dynamic. Effective IT project management is essential to meet these challenges and make the most efficient use of scarce resources.
For the Business Analyst, IT project management represents the core set of skills needed for requirements planning and management.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
Who Should Attend
- Business Analysis Manager
- Business or Technical Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Development Manager
- IT or Development Manager
- Systems Analyst or Manager
- Project Manager
- Requirements Engineer
What You Will Learn
- Recognize and eliminate common causes for IT project failures
- Understand how the project management life cycle supports and integrates with your system development methodology
- Apply tools to effectively and thoroughly plan systems and requirements gathering projects
- Effectively define and assign roles and responsibilities throughout the requirements, development and project life cycle
- Master the project management skills essential for leading your IT and user project teams
- Perform mid-stream evaluation to decide whether project funding should continue
- Monitor and communicate project progress
- Apply tools and concepts to mitigate project and product risks
This course thoroughly covers the Requirements Planning & Management knowledge area.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
“Valuable lead-in to PMP Exam; well paced and interesting.”
“Course was excellent and I would highly recommend it to others.”
“The instructor was very knowledgeable and integrated his expertise with his own life and related to the class.”
“Workshops help solidify concepts.”
“The instructor is very knowledgeable. He kept the class moving at a good pace. He helped explain the material. He encouraged student interaction.”
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis Certificate : Required