This course will provide an overview of the common and specialty compensation and benefits programs found in business and industry. Total compensation systems will be explored. Topics to be covered include: performance enhancement plans, compensation and benefits compliance, total reward systems, compensation plan design, pay and motivation, controlling benefit costs, internal and external equity, types of pay schemes, common mistakes in reward systems, and much more. Participants in this program will learn how to design, implement, administrate, and evaluate their in-house reward system.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Health care cost controls.
- Incentive pay plans.
- Various reward systems.
- How to pay employees legally and to market standards.
- The common reasons reward systems fail and how to avoid them.
- How to conduct their own “job evaluations” and not be dependent on compensation consultants.
- The legal extent of the employer’s ability to affect pay (garnishments, salary status, over
- How to calculate overtime pay (most employers can’t do this properly).
- How to design an incentive system to stimulate performance.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Generalist Certificate : Courses