The successful project manager is as skillful with people as they are with project management tools and project-specific content. Effectively leading the project team and communicating with all stakeholders – either on the project team or impacted by the project scope - are key skills project managers must develop and practice to ensure project success. This course focuses on people management skills and the processes for effectively managing project communications: leading the project team, identifying stakeholders, planning and distributing information, and managing stakeholder expectations.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
Important NoteBeginning January 1, 2016, there will be a price increase on all courses within the Project Management Certificate, Business Process Management Certificate, and Business Analysis Certificate. The current full-price per course (without discounts) is $995. Beginning January 1, 2016, the full-price (without discounts) will be $1,295. Any current participant who plans to take courses with us after January 1, 2016 may still pay the current course price as long as they register for any 2016 courses BEFORE January 1, 2016.
- Concepts, methods, tools, and techniques for communicating with the people who impact your projects success
- Key general management skills that are necessary for leading project teams
- Stakeholder identification tools to satisfy the requirements of and resolve issues with diverse stakeholder groups
- How to build a communication plan that gathers and disperses information effectively for project success
- Identifying your preferred style of communication, your stakeholders’ communication styles, and how to more effectively communicate with others
- Leadership actions that will ensure the project team performs effectively
- Negotiation and conflict management strategies to influence stakeholders
- A process and tools that are proven to effectively analyze and manage stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of how to effectively manage project teams
- An awareness of your preferences and how to adapt to more effectively interact with others
- Proven tools to manage and influence without solid-line authority
Why Choose the UNC Charlotte Project Management Program?
- Certificate awarded by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte – a nationally recognized credential. UNC Charlotte is a large 26,000+ student, urban research, doctoral-granting university, the largest university in Charlotte and the fastest growing university in the 17 institution University of North Carolina system
- Courses taught by PMP® certified instructors with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- PMI members reporting their PDU activities rated our program with a 91% satisfaction rating (higher than the 86% average rating amongst all PMI project management training providers) - as of October 2013
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated by PMP®s for current applicability and adherence to the PMBOK® body of knowledge
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards post-Baccalaureate or post-Graduate level students
- Practical application – content is designed to develop specific skill sets immediately applicable in the workplace and job market
- History of success –
- PMI® registered Project Management program since 2002
- Over 2,000 enrollments
- Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
- UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with PMI ®, the Project Management Institute, PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Flexibility – take one or more courses to build a particular skill set or take all required courses to complete a certificate
- In addition to project management courses, we also offer a PMP® exam prep course specifically designed to prepare those individuals seeking national certification as a PMP®.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required