Current and future demographic trends indicate the importance of knowledge about managing diverse teams. Generational, gender, lifestyle and multi-national and cultural diversity is increasing, whether we are ready for it or not! This course will explore the data concerning the “new normal” of a rapidly changing workforce. We will examine and practice strategies to increase your diversity management skills. We will look at proven steps you can take to increase your team’s performance, regardless of the diversity within.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- Demographic data driving current and future workforce trends
- A personal inventory of diversity beliefs
- Global perspective in managing diversity
- Strategies for creating High Performance Teams
- Knowledge of how current and future workforce trends affect you
- An awareness of your personal beliefs and perspectives on diversity
- Strategies for increasing your diversity competencies
- Tools to increase trust and communication in your team
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners. Click here to view the members of our Professional Development Advisory Board.
For Program and Registration Questions:
Please call the Registration Center at 704-687-8900 or 1-877-741-0134 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email CEregistration@uncc.edu.
For best availability, students are encouraged to register at least two weeks prior to the start date of the course section.Please read:
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Supervisory Certificate : Required