UNC Charlotte – Main Campus
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
At Disney, leadership is not defined by your title – it's defined by your actions. Disney leaders proactively work to align their values with the Company's vision and the result is a motivated, innovative, and productive workforce. The Walt Disney Company believes every leader has the opportunity to serve as a role model for future generations and that the way you lead tells a story about your values and creates a leadership legacy. Think of this opportunity as the start of your very own leadership journey.
The Walt Disney Company is recognized worldwide as a storytelling company that engages the emotions of its audience. At Disney Destinations around the globe, Disney has discovered that leading by example is a storyline that delivers tangible results: improved behavior and increased productivity.
By consistently demonstrating the behaviors Disney values, Disney leaders speak volumes about the methods the company values - methods that Disney teams learn to follow. Every leader is telling a "story" about what he or she values.
- Identify the personal and organizational values that drive you as a leader.
- Establish a vision for your leadership future.
- Align processes and procedures with your personal and organizational values.
- Communicate values and vision to all members of your organization.
- Ensure sustained success through monitoring and measuring values-alignment.
- Establish a leadership legacy that inspires others to excel as leaders.
- Adapt Disney’s leadership strategies and best practices to your organization.
- Develop and communicate your leadership vision.
- Establish and maintain effective processes and structure to meet goals.
- Apply the strategies Disney leaders use to foster individual responsibility across the organization.
- Inspire commitment and leadership development to others.
- Implement your own action plan to align your vision, goals and continued development.
Gain insight into time-tested Disney methods while embarking on your own leadership journey. Throughout this experience, you will learn the details of the Disney perspective on leadership and how to adapt it to your journey.
|7:30 am - 8:00 am||Registration/Breakfast|
|8:00 am - 9:30 am||The Power of Story-Living the Vision|
|9:30 am - 10:00am||Break|
|10:00 am - 11:30 am||Employee Involvement in the Vision|
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 pm - 2:00 pm||Organization and Leading in a Culture of Change|
|2:00 pm - 2:30 pm||Break|
|2:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Values and Behavior|
For Program and Registration Questions:
Please call the Registration Center at 704-687-8900 or 1-877-741-0134 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email CEregistration@uncc.edu.
For Questions About the Curriculum:
Contact Amy Wartham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-687-8723.
For best availability, students are encouraged to register at least two weeks prior to the start date of the course section.Please read: