Agile software development employs principals and practices that enable development teams to quickly build and deploy high quality software products. A critical role is Product Owner. The Agile philosophy is to approach the system under development as a holistic product, not a series of disparate projects. Participants will learn how a Product Owner can infuse business priorities, goals, and vision into a development team and thereby build highly-functional systems.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- Agile Roles
- Qualities of an Effective Product Owner
- The Product Backlog
- The Sprint Backlog
- Changes to the Sprint Backlog
- Defining Acceptance Criteria for Products/Software
- Understanding of the basics of Agile development
- Understanding of the role of the Product Owner
- Familiarity with the concept of User Stories
- Ability to use a product backlog for overall scope
- Ability to use a sprint backlog for sprint scope
- Understanding how user stories factor into release and sprint planning
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners. Click here to view the members of our Professional Development Advisory Board.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.