Leadership is defined by the following:
- Growing your business and growing your employees
- Exemplary ethics and values in the workplace
- Upbeat and Optimistic behavior
- Effective Listening skills
- Constant Learning (from customers, employees, past errors and successes)
- Making staff feel part of the "team"
- Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- Focus your organization on the vital few (1 or 2) critical business issues
- Setting the standards and being a role model for your organization's ethics and values; reinforcing others to build these standards into your culture
- Finding your team members' hidden talents and abilities; delegating and empowering to develop each person
- Bringing out the discretionary effort in your team members by creating "want to" systems in stead of "have to" systems
- Knowing when to listen (positive and productive behavior and talk) and when not to listen (negative and non-productive talk and behavior), and how to re-direct
- Using positive reinforcement instead of negative reinforcement to improve and maintain your group's performance and achieve new goals
- A personal action plan for developing your leadership skills
- Communication skills you'll apply on the job the next day
- A concrete plan for instilling optimism, goals, and positive behaviors in others
- Increased confidence in decision-making and leading others
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners. Click here to view the members of our Professional Development Advisory Board.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Supervisory Certificate : Required