In this course you will learn how to resolve conflict with your co-workers, cross-functional peers and even your manager. You will learn and practice several techniques to build your conflict resolution skills. In addition, you will receive results of the Thomas-Kilman assessment that allows you to discover whether you might be overusing (a high score) or underusing (a low score) one or more of the major five conflict-handling modes.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- The causes of workplace conflict
- Understanding why it is important to resolve conflict in the workplace
- Variety of tools and methods for resolving conflict
- Individual preferences in resolving conflict
- Steps in the conflict-resolution process
- Techniques to improve conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of five conflict resolution modes and own preferences
- Knowledge and practice in following specific steps to resolve conflict
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners. Click here to view the members of our Professional Development Advisory Board.