It is becoming increasingly clear that most business professionals will constantly be shifting through an array of devices from desktop systems, laptops and Ultrabooks, tablets, and smartphones. Each device will have unique strengths and weaknesses and device choice will be highly task contingent. In this context it becomes important to understand not only the current best use of each device but the ways that these devices are converging and diverging. We will explore these and many other issues in our full-day course.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- Is there something fundamentally wrong with Windows 8 or has the slow adoption rate for the newest Windows version from Microsoft been more reflective of slow PC sales and the rise of other computing platforms including tablets?If you do move forward to Windows 8 what are the hardware systems that allow you to get the most benefit?
- Is it time to update to the newest versions of Microsoft Office? Does it offer enough new functions and features to make the upgrade cost and work worth it? How is the transition from a software purchase to a software subscription model working?
- How are tablets and smartphones developing? Has the initial rate of rapid innovation begun to slow or are there new leapfrog technologies to keep an eye on? Also, what are the applications that provide the best use for these kinds of devices?
- What are the latest developments in cloud based systems and storage? Are these types of system becoming more mature and compelling for businesses to consider?
- Updated knowledge about microcomputer, mobile, and cloud platforms.
- Increased understanding about operating systems, application software, and web-based services used by microcomputer and mobile systems.
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners. Click here to view the members of our Professional Development Advisory Board.