This course provides an overview and practice of some of the tools and processes involved in the performance consulting role. Trainer as a Consultant follows a blueprint to make the transition, including a personal assessment, consultant skills inventory, and core competencies to become an effective consultant. Participants will explore the steps in a consulting process and build a development plan to transition into performance consultant.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
- Role definition – consultant, client, sponsor
- Performance consultant assessment and skills inventory
- Building commitment to results
- Steps in the consulting process
- Overcoming roadblocks to success
- Making the transition from trainer to performance consultant
- Understanding roles, boundaries, and commitment in the process
- Personal assessment of individual skills, knowledge, and abilities
- 7 Steps in the consulting process
- How to contract effectively
- Methods of diagnosing performance problems
- A plan to transition to performance consulting
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Learning and Development Certificate : Courses