Extended Academic Programs
This course provides an overview and practice of some of the tools and processes involved in the performance consulting role. Trainer as a Consultant follows a blueprint to make the transition, including a personal assessment, consultant skills inventory, and core competencies to become an effective consultant. Participants will explore the steps in a consulting process and build a development plan to transition into performance consultant.
· Role definition – consultant, client, sponsor
· Performance consultant assessment and skills inventory
· Building commitment to results
· Steps in the consulting process
· Overcoming roadblocks to success
· Making the transition from trainer to performance consultant
· Understanding roles, boundaries, and commitment in the process
· Personal assessment of individual skills, knowledge, and abilities
· 7 Steps in the consulting process
· How to contract effectively
· Methods of diagnosing performance problems
· A plan to transition to performance consulting
For Program and Registration Questions: Please call the Registration Center at 704-687-8900 or 1-877-741-0134 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email CEregistration@uncc.edu.
What types of Professional Credits are offered by UNC Charlotte Continuing Education?
Is tuition assistance available for this program?
What are the attendance requirements?
For best availability, students are encouraged to register at least two weeks prior to the start date of the course section.
Parking is included in the registration fee.
Parking included in registration.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
320 E. 9th Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 · 704-687-8900