Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), the premier professional credentialing organization for the human resources profession, introduced the first entry-level Human Resources Career Certification credential, aPHR™, Associate Professional in Human Resources.
The aPHR™ demonstrates foundational knowledge of human resource operations as practiced in the United States and is designed for individuals who are new to the field of Human Resources, or professionals who are embarking on an HR career or transitioning into the HR field. This designation is designed for new HR professionals who want to demonstrate knowledge, commitment and passion for the HR practice. The aPHR™ is an HR Certification entry point to join the HR community.
The UNC Charlotte aPHR™ Certification Exam Preparation Program will concentrate on the six functional HR areas that make up the aPHR™ Exam. The aPHR™ exam focuses on the fundamentals of HR principles, including HR operations, recruitment and selection, HR development and retention, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and health, safety and security.
Students will receive many tools and supplemental resources in preparation for the aPHR™ exam, including:
- Distinctive Human Resources Textbook (Study Manual)
- Audio CDs
- On-line access to a Learning Management System
- Flash Cards
- Best Practices on how to take standardized tests
- Comprehensive Final Practice Exam
Who Should Enroll?
- Entry-level Human Resource practitioners
- College students seeking a degree in HR
- Those serving in HR support roles or who have HR responsibilities
- Military personnel seeking HR professional development or transitioning to civilian HR roles
- Professionals seeking a career transition into the field of HR
The eligibility requirements for the aPHR™ exam is a high school diploma or global equivalent and must be located in the United States.
The HR Certification Institute eligibility requirement for the aPHR™ exam is a high school diploma or global equivalent and must be located in the United States.
Individuals can visit the Human Resource Certification Institute’s website at HRCI.org for complete eligibility requirements, exam details, and registration information.