Surface and ocean temperatures, as well as carbon dioxide levels, are at an all-time high. The ice at both of Earth’s poles is melting, resulting in rising global sea levels. Evidence also suggests that higher ocean temperatures are causing a greater incidence of tropical storms. Warmer seas are also killing corals.
Despite the need for professionals working on this key global issue, breaking into the field is a challenge. You need practical experience to gain a junior position as a climate research associate, renewable energy engineer, or environmental economist.
Employers are looking for candidates who have real work experience in an intercultural context. Our Climate Crisis and Clean Energy program provides just this.
- Understand key issues such as challenges to implementing renewable energy technologies around the world, deforestation and reforestation, coral bleaching, and management of floods, wildfires, and tropical storms
- Upskill yourself in community engagement, monitoring and evaluation, communication and advocacy, project management, and finance and fundraising
- Analyze local initiatives related to the climate crisis and gain insights into on-the-ground challenges
- Learn best practices and adapt your approach based on contextual analysis during a field trip abroad.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Sustainability and Social Impact : Concentration Options