Quality and continuous improvement are rapidly becoming the responsibility of every employee, especially the Engineer. This course will serve as an introduction to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Total Quality Management (TQM). If you are an Engineer that needs a refresher or introduction to some of the tools and techniques of CQI and TQM then this course is for you.
The major topics that are covered are: Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Control Charts, and Experimental Design.
- Commonly used Lean tools in TQM
- Commonly used Six Sigma tools in CQI
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charts for Variables
- Control Charts for Attributes
- Experimental Design
- Learn how to use some of the more popular lean and six sigma tools
- Be able to recognize a process that is unstable and out of control
- Know how to take action to get a process back in control
- Choose the right type of control chart depending on the type of data you have
- Setup an experimental design and interpret the results
- NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors 2.0 PDH
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners.