Often engineers and architects are not aware that building barriers into a facility violates the civil rights of people with disabilities. During this half-day course, you'll learn about state building codes vs. ADAAG; how to renovate historic properties; and definitions of terms such as "disproportionality" and "safe harbor."
- Renovating facilities vs. new construction
- Historic properties
- Businesses vs. government properties
- How and when to trigger disproportionality
- Safety vs. access
- Common design mistakes in new construction
- Knowledge of ADA titles and how they impact design
- How to advise clients of different standards
- Who to contact if there is a question in the field
- How to avoid designing barriers
- The potential penalty for failure to design ADAAG
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners.