This course will introduce some basic concepts in chemical engineering and two computing tools, Excel® and Aspen®, that are widely used. We will cover some carbon-based chemistry and industries, and we will review some process hazards and lessons learned from past mistakes. You will be presented with a fact-based perspective on global warming that has not been recognized.
- Reaction Stoichiometry & Review of Chemical Law
- Energy Balance & Some Basic Thermodynamic Concepts
- Reaction Kinetics & Catalysis
- Computing in Chemistry-Use of Excel<® and Aspen®
- Carbon-Based Chemistry and Industries
- Chemical Process Hazards & Lessons Learned from Past Mistakes
- Chemical Engineering Perspective on Global Warming
- A familiarity with some key chemical engineering concepts
- A familiarity with two widely-used computing tools, Excel and Aspen®
- A thought-provoking perspective on global warming
- A knowledge of chemical process hazards and lessons learned from accidents
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners.