This program is a unique opportunity for educators who desire to be effective for 21st-century learners. The certification program will instruct educators in culturally relevant and best teaching practices. The primary goal of the certificate is to engage classroom teachers to increasing practical and theoretical capacities to engage all learners.
- Educators will be able to market themselves as a certified culturally sustainable teacher
- Educators learn the best practices to make education culturally relevant to 21st-century learners
- Educators will be introduced to a variety of more inclusive literature that supports achievement
- Educators will know the best practices for better classroom management for diverse settings
- Educators will be able to provide cross-cultural communication for academic success
- Educators will know the theory behind cultural relevance
- Educators will know how to practically apply culturally sustaining teaching practices