All courses within the Project Management Certificate are available as either classroom or live-online delivery. You may choose to do all live-online courses, all classroom courses, or do a mix of both.
Project management has become one of the world's most in-demand skill sets. The certificate program is designed to provide you with a firm base of the Project Management Institute's (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
Whether you are currently a project manager looking to improve your skills or a professional in another field who wishes to transition into project management, these courses will provide you with the skills you need to accelerate your career. The certificate meets the project management education requirements to qualify to take the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam.
All courses are based on the Project Management Institute's (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). The curriculum will empower you with the skills necessary to tackle the challenges facing your projects.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) defines Project Management as, "The application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholders' needs and expectations from a project." Project Management is the discipline of planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
If you are considering a career in project management, here are some questions to consider:
- Do you prefer thinking about the bigger picture rather than specializing in a particular discipline? Project Managers build a bigger picture perspective while identifying key obstacles to be overcome to reach designated milestones.
- Do you enjoy facilitating the decision-making process and helping to define options by pulling together information from many groups working on a project? Project Managers help to coordinate the tasks of a project so that teams work more effectively and efficiently. While Project Managers take part in the decision making, they are typically not the decision makers.
- Do you like to serve as a highly visible, primary representative of a project? Project Managers need good communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills, as well as the ability the manage people without oftentimes having any direct authority.
A project manager's success is usually measured by how efficiently a project moves forward, the quality of execution, and how well the team functions together.
- Understanding and defining the organizational need
- Gathering the information needed to clearly define requirements
- Documenting requirements for use by all stakeholders
- Analyzing, verifying and validating requirements
- Creating a framework for successful requirements management and communication
- There are no formal application process or prerequisites required - just a registration.
- All courses are taught by PMP-certified instructors with real-world experience
- All courses are available with either classroom or live-online delivery. Choose what is most suitable for your schedule.
- All Project Management Certificate courses carry CEU, CPE, or PDU credit for professional development.
All required courses in the certificate program are offered in the fall and in the spring for your convenience so you can complete the certificate within less than 6 months or less than 1 year. To receive your record of attendance, full participation is expected. Participants must be present at the beginning of each course and be in attendance through the duration of each course in order to receive the record of attendance. Credit hours will only be adjusted under extenuating circumstances.