The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is proud to offer a Paralegal Certificate program like no other in the city of Charlotte. Our program is topical, intensive, and intellectually rigorous. We have designed our program to fit the needs of the Charlotte legal and business communities.
Expand Your Possibilities
Open yourself up to a variety of opportunities and increase your earning potential with a Paralegal Certificate from UNC Charlotte. Our goal is to equip our graduates with the skills, knowledge, and abilities they need to embark on their careers with professionalism and acumen.
Erica Romain had just moved back to Charlotte from New York and was looking for employment when she first learned about the UNC Charlotte Paralegal Certificate program. After researching the program, she enrolled and was on her way to a career in the legal field.
I chose the UNC Charlotte program because it was comprehensive and promised to prepare me to get my paralegal certification,” said Erica. “I also liked that the classes were offered in the evenings at a convenient location.” After successfully completing the Paralegal program in 2009, Erica decided to continue her legal education at The UNC Chapel Hill School of Law. She earned her J.D. in May 2014 and passed the NC Bar soon after.
Erica’s current career goal is to work in North Carolina as an Assistant District Attorney. Her long term goal is to work at the Department of Justice prosecuting people that exploit and abuse children. Her advice to those considering the UNC Charlotte Paralegal program is poignant. “Research the program, sit in on one of the classes if possible, and just go for it,” said Erica. “The program is excellent and does a wonderful job of preparing students for a career as a paralegal and it is a great general introduction to the legal field.
To receive your record of attendance:
- Full participation is expected.
- Participants must be present at the beginning of each course and be in attendance for the duration of each course.
Credit hours will only be adjusted under extenuating circumstances.
- In order to receive the UNC Charlotte Paralegal Certificate, students must earn a grade of C or better in each topic area.
- Instructors will award grades on the basis of tests, homework, papers, and/or other assignments, and attendance policies.
- Students completing the Certificate requirements will be awarded a UNC Charlotte Paralegal Program Certificate.
- Graduates will be eligible to sit for the NC State Bar Paralegal Certification examination.