All 4 Courses required for this certificate will be delivered as live-online courses.
Business analysts work as liaisons among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
They bridge the gap – translating between business needs and IT – and understand the organization, the users and IT. Business analysts must have a broad range of business, technical and interpersonal skills.
TAKE THE COURSES IN ANY ORDER. START AT ANY TIME.
The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) describes the role as: "the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.” A Business Analyst (BA) analyzes the organization and design of businesses, government departments, and non-profit organizations; BAs also assess business models and their integration with technology.
If you are considering a career in business analysis, here are some questions to consider:
- Do you have an interest or background in IT? Many BA jobs ask for technical skills. BAs with technical knowledge are more likely to ask the right questions about technical implementation.
- Do you enjoy functioning as a liaison between the business side of an enterprise and the providers of services to the enterprise? A core job function is often helping stakeholders determine the right set of project requirements capable of balancing the needs of a company, the market, and users.
- Understanding and defining the organizational need
- Gathering the information needed to clearly define requirements
- Documenting requirements for use by all stakeholders
- Analyzing, verifying and validating requirements
- Creating a framework for successful requirements management and communication
- There is no formal application process or prerequisites requirement - just a registration.
- All courses are available with live-online delivery.
- Our certificate more than meets the requirement of 21 hours of professional development courses for the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification.
- Take any of the courses without enrolling in the entire certificate. If you change your mind, we can apply the courses you have already taken toward your certificate.
All four courses in the certificate program are scheduled so you can complete the certificate within less than 6 months or less than 1 year. Please review the certificate course requirements and scheduled dates.
To receive your record of attendance, full participation is expected. Participants must be present at the beginning of each course and be in attendance through the duration of each course in order to receive the record of attendance. Credit hours will only be adjusted under extenuating circumstances.