This course will be a basic overview of nuclear power and nuclear power plants in the United States. The course will cover generic aspects of how nuclear power is created, from fuel to distribution, to basic plant operations and nuclear safety. Additionally, nuclear power history, current state, and potential future plans will be discussed.
- The nuclear fission process
- How the fission process creates power
- Basic plant operations
- Basic nuclear safety
- Nuclear power in the U.S.
- Better understanding of nuclear power
- Better understanding of nuclear plant operations and safety
- More information on nuclear power in the U.S.
- An understanding of nuclear power needs in the U.S.
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners.