Studies on fraud awareness indicate that organizations that conduct anti-fraud training for their employees show reductions in fraud losses for the organization. The focus of this course is on special areas of fraud awareness. The cornerstone is the review of fraudulent financial statement schemes, types of financial analysis and tools used to highlight the red flags of fraud, and methods of preventing the occurrence of fraud.
- Computer-Aided Audit Techniques
- Cybercrime and Digital Forensics
- Financial Reporting and Statement Fraud
- Interviewing and Sources of Information
- Asset Misappropriation
- Indirect Methods of Reconstructing Income
- Money Laundering
- Check Tampering
- Skimming and Cash Larceny
- Contract Procurement Fraud
- Billing Schemes
- Corporate Purchasing Card Fraud
- North Carolina and Other Frauds
- Gain an understanding of various fraud schemes, analysis, and prevention techniques, including financial statement fraud.
- Understand what constitutes expense reimbursement fraud, payroll fraud, inventory and equipment misappropriation and the methods of preventing and detecting these schemes
- Become familiar with proactive audit tests that can be used to detect various forms of fraud
- Gain an understanding of the advantages of a corporate purchasing card and the opportunities for fraud associated with misuse
- How to conduct an effective internal fraud investigation and interview
- Identify the methods of money laundering through the banking system
- Understand the role of technology in the commitment of fraud schemes and the detection of frauds
If English is not your native language, we recommend the equivalent English language proficiency of a minimum score of 557 paper-based or 83 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which is administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS).
The test scores are not required for enrollment in this course.
- CPE for Self-Reporting to your state accountancy board 22.0 CPE self-reporting
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Forensic Accounting Certificate : Required
Learn More about Forensic Accounting
The Forensic Accounting certificate is designed for accountants, internal and independent auditors, business owners, managers, attorneys and law students, anti-money laundering officers, law enforcement and investigation officials, loss prevention specialists, risk managers, and any professionals who is interested in deterring fraud within their organizations.
Complete the form below access our free online information session.