This course explores project cost estimating and a budget planning effort for a project manager as part of the project plan, and then looks at earned value and other controls as the plan unfolds. Individual and small group exercises and case studies include examples applicable to diverse industries and business sizes. The course describes and illustrates processes described by the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
Who Should Attend
This course addresses the needs of project sponsors, project managers and deputy project managers at all levels.
What You Will Learn
- Application of financial/analytical tools and techniques through the use of highly-relevant hands-on exercises
- Project Cost Planning – processes and methods recommended to plan project cost management
- Cost Estimating – quantities and unit costs combine with effort and durations estimates
- Cost Budgeting – breaking down costs into categories by responsibility, by scope phases and accounting requirements
- Cost Control – execution measures to predict, track and invoice appropriately, as well as address “earned value” issues
Why Choose the UNC Charlotte Project Management Program?
- Certificate awarded by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte – a nationally recognized credential. UNC Charlotte is a large 26,000+ student, urban research, doctoral-granting university, the largest university in Charlotte and the fastest growing university in the 17 institutions in the University of North Carolina system
- Courses taught by instructors holding Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- PMI members reporting their PDU activities rated our program with a 91% satisfaction rating (higher than the 86% average rating amongst all PMI project management training providers) - as of October 2013
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated for current applicability and adherence to the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards Post-Baccalaureate or postgraduate level students
- Practical application – content is designed to develop specific skill sets immediately applicable in the workplace and job market
- History of success –
- PMI registered Project Management program since 2002
- Over 2,000 enrollments
- Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
- UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Flexibility – take one or more courses to build a particular skill set or take all required courses to complete a certificate
- In addition to project management courses, we also offer a Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam prep course specifically designed to prepare those individuals seeking national certification.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded.
PMBOK, PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Professional (PMP), PgMP, Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI-RMP, PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI-SP, PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) THE PMI TALENT TRIANGLE and the PMI REP Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
“Everything was clearly laid and well explained.”
“Instructor was very knowledgeable about the information being presented. Good examples given for info presented.”
“I enjoyed the level of detail and the focus the course maintained on the knowledge area – the level of detail was extremely helpful.”
Participants should have a basic knowledge of spreadsheets.
Please bring a calculator.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required