Project managers need to understand the many aspects of risk assessment and planning prior to completion of the project plan and then learn the tools and techniques to monitor and appropriately manage changes. This course examines risk monitoring as the plan is executed, the project manager’s efforts in establishing an approach to risk, and suitable responses consistent with the risk tolerance level of the stakeholders. One emphasis of this course looks at risks from the positive viewpoint of maximizing the benefits of acceptable outcomes rather than only looking to reduce negative impacts. The course includes lecture, practical hands-on sessions, case study, and individual and small group exercises.
Who Should Attend
This course addresses the needs of project sponsors and project managers at all levels in understanding their role in risk management.
What You Will Learn
- Tools and techniques for use throughout the project demonstrated with hands-on exercises applicable to various size projects and industries
- Risk management planning – determining the organization’s propensity for taking risk and risk response criteria
- Risk identification – looking at all aspects of the project
- Risk qualitative analysis – rating and prioritizing risks
- Risk quantitative analysis – detailed study of highest priority risks
- Risk response implementation - implementing agreed-upon risk response plans
- Risk monitoring – recognizing triggers and changes affecting risk responses
Why Choose the UNC Charlotte Project Management Program?
- Certificate awarded by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte – a nationally recognized credential. UNC Charlotte is a large 26,000+ student, urban research, doctoral-granting university, the largest university in Charlotte and the fastest growing university in the 17 institutions in the University of North Carolina system
- Courses taught by instructors holding Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- Project Management Institute’s (PMI) members reporting their PDU activities rated our program with a 91% satisfaction rating (higher than the 86% average rating amongst all PMI project management training providers) - as of October 2013
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated for current applicability and adherence to the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards Post-Baccalaureate or postgraduate level students
- Practical application – content is designed to develop specific skill sets immediately applicable in the workplace and job market
- History of success –
- PMI registered Project Management program since 2002
- Over 2,000 enrollments
- Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Snyder’s-Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
- UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Flexibility – take one or more courses to build a particular skill set or take all required courses to complete a certificate
- In addition to project management courses, we also offer a Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam prep course specifically designed to prepare those individuals seeking national certification.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded.
PMBOK, PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Professional (PMP), PgMP, Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI-RMP, PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI-SP, PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) THE PMI TALENT TRIANGLE and the PMI REP Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
“Great class. Worth the cost.”
“Great instructor. I liked that he built on the same example for exercises.”
“Lots of good best practices to take back to work.”
“A very good course – a wonderful time spent.”
“Instructor gave good real-life examples.
“Great class participation. Lab activities were at the appropriate times.”
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required