Managing the quality of project deliverables is one of the key components of successful project management. Project managers must be adept at planning for and implementing adequate quality controls within their projects. This course focuses on the processes for successful quality management within projects and helps prepare project managers to complete these important tasks. It is aligned with the quality management processes outlined in the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). The course provides exposure to the tools, techniques, and methods successful project managers use to manage the quality of their projects. The course includes group exercises aimed at helping attendees gain a better grasp of the subject matter, along with some practical experience in selecting and applying appropriate techniques.
What You Will Learn
- An understanding of the relationship of quality project management to the overall project management process as outlined in the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- The ability to develop an effective quality management plan for your projects
- An understanding of the various quality tools and techniques for measuring and attaining the specified quality for your project’s deliverables
- The ability to effectively communicate to senior management and customers the importance of an integrated project quality plan and how it can help the project team deliver a product or service that satisfies the needs for which the project was undertaken
Participants will a receive copy of Goal/QPC’s The Memory Jogger II.
Why Choose the UNC Charlotte Project Management Program?
- Certificate awarded by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte – a nationally recognized credential. UNC Charlotte is a large 26,000+ student, urban research, doctoral-granting university, the largest university in Charlotte and the fastest growing university in the 17 institutions in the University of North Carolina system
- Courses taught by instructors holding Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- Project Management Institute’s (PMI) members reporting their PDU activities rated our program with a 91% satisfaction rating (higher than the 86% average rating amongst all PMI project management training providers) - as of October 2013
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated for current applicability and adherence to the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards Post-Baccalaureate or postgraduate level students
- Practical application – content is designed to develop specific skill sets immediately applicable in the workplace and job market
- History of success –
- PMI registered Project Management program since 2002
- Over 2,000 enrollments
- Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
- UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Flexibility – take one or more courses to build a particular skill set or take all required courses to complete a certificate
- In addition to project management courses, we also offer a Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam prep course specifically designed to prepare those individuals seeking national certification.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded.
PMBOK, PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Professional (PMP), PgMP, Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI-RMP, PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI-SP, PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) THE PMI TALENT TRIANGLE and the PMI REP Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
“The specific tools to learn quality management were very helpful and I plan on using lots of them.”
“The course content was good and delivered well. The class size was good and the activities were targeted at further understanding of the course content….The overall style of course and outline are good. I would recommend to others.”
Project managers or individuals who want to upgrade their skills in delivering high quality deliverables from their projects. This course is particularly beneficial for project managers who are seeking to improve their project quality management skills and their ability to develop and implement effective quality plans for their projects.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required