Your organization is a collection of processes. These processes are the natural business activities you perform that produce value, serve customers and generate income. Managing these processes is the key to the success of your organization.
Unfortunately, most organizations -- probably yours -- are not set up to manage processes. Instead, they manage tasks. Think about it. Isn't your company organized around functions – manufacturing department, radiology department, the sales department, the customer service department?
Process mapping is a simple yet powerful method of looking beyond functional activities and rediscovering your core processes. Process maps enable you to peel away the complexity of your organizational structure (and internal politics) and focus on the processes that are truly the heart of your business.
Properly used, process maps can change your entire approach to business process management...and greatly reduce the cost of your operations by eliminating as much as 50% of the steps in most processes as well as the root causes of systemic quality problems.
- Identify and understand your organization's true core processes
- Recognize and remove activities that do not add value
- Eliminate system flaws that result in poor quality
- Document processes for knowledge management or BPM initiatives
- View customer/supplier relationships and their impact on your system
- Engage business leaders, users and customers in process change efforts
- Dramatically improve your efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Process owners or managers
- Process, workflow or business analysts
- Functional or project managers
- Process improvement team leaders or members
- Professionals actively involved in an organization's process improvement, Lean or Six Sigma efforts
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Business Process Management Certificate : Required
Learn More about Business Process Management
Learn how our Business Process Management Certificate program can help you gain the skills you need to develop competitive strategies and achieve operational excellence for successful organizations in this new management era.
Complete the form below to access our free online information session.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.