Well-executed performance improvement initiatives usually deliver good short-term results…but what do you do after the low-hanging fruit has been harvested?
Your organization must be able to do more than streamline operations: process innovation is essential. Innovation, when added to solid process management techniques, creates sustainable operational excellence, i.e. advantages in speed, value, quality or cost that are unique to your organization.
The tools and techniques of Process Innovation go beyond finding creative solutions to business process challenges; they provide the context and direction so that your organization's investment in process change yields meaningful and lasting returns.
- Process owner or manager
- Process, workflow or business analyst
- Manager or director accountable for both operational performance and achieving strategic objectives
- Leader or member of a business process improvement or redesign team
- Evaluate the business return of process improvement alternatives
- Think outside the "process box"
- Devise innovate process designs based on customer needs
- Leverage process excellence to foster growth
- Create a Strategy Canvas to assess the impact of processes on strategic position
- Plan for the practical and political realities of process change
The Business Case for Process Innovation
- Process change: Does the customer care?
- Measuring strategic process performance
- The process perspective of the Balanced Scorecard
- Improvement strategies: Continuous improvement versus reengineering
Continuous Improvement Innovations
- Cause-and-effect / affinity diagrams
- Identifying necessary process changes
Reengineering Innovations: When tweaking will not suffice
- The Five Max method
- Process extension
- Kano analysis
Strategic Innovation: Leveraging process excellence
- Market extension
- Enterprise creation
- Blue Ocean tools and the Strategy Canvas
Organizing for Success
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project planning
- Team situation case studies
- Winners and losers from change (w/workshop)
- Top ten facilitation tips
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Process Management Certificate : Required