As a relatively new human resources concept, Performance Management reflects a changing emphasis – one that moves away from command-and-control and toward a facilitative model of management. Performance managers and their employees are being asked increasingly to move beyond traditional, narrowly-defined job descriptions to support team objectives and goals. This course is designed to help participants more effectively make and reinforce this transition.
- Creating a collaborative approach to performance
- Defining performance management
- Setting standards for performance and performance objectives
- How to get employee buy-in
- How to communicate task parameters with employees
- How managers and their direct reports create a shared understanding of work objectives
- How to involve employees in performance planning
- How to create a set of shared and supportive expectations for performance
- Where and how to document performance
- How to assess the data
- Creating performance plans based on feedback
- Defining Performance Management and its relationship to setting performance objectives and meeting performance standards
- Outlining the benefits of Performance Management
- Working collaboratively with employees to address performance issues
- Utilizing realistic and appropriate performance standards when setting and measuring objectives
- Understanding how performance standards and objectives relate to performance observation and feedback
- Discussing job performance with employees, providing feedback on strengths and needed improvements, and creating performance plans
- Assessing what is influencing employee performance
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about Human Resources
Our Human Resources courses meet the needs of those individuals who are new to the HR industry, as well as seasoned veteran HR professionals looking for additional training and recertification credits to sustain their credentials.
Complete the form to learn more and view our free recorded online information session.