Recent history has seen some of the most active years for new employment law legislation in the last several decades. Learn from experienced practitioners how to comply with and understand these laws applying to business and industry. Many new laws and recent legal developments will be covered along with our interpretation of existing compliance issues. Topics to be covered include: ADA, COBRA, FMLA, USERRA, HIPAA, At-Will, Fair Pay Act, NLRA, and many others. Every HR Practitioner should know these laws and how to comply with them.
- How to bullet-proof your organization from frivolous law suits.
- How to respond to an inspection or complaint from EEOC, OSHA, Wage & Hour, OFCCP, and other federal or state regulators.
- What the legal rights are of the employer (or employee, or the public).
- Students will immediately know how to guide their organization away from legal pitfalls.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Human Resources Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Margaret Rozzi joined the Continuing Education team as a Program Director in 2007. Margaret has over 30 years’ Learning & Development experience in the University, Corporate, Government and Military sectors.