This course will provide an overview of common and specialty compensation and benefits programs found in various industries. Components of a total compensation system will be explored. Topics to be covered include: compensation and benefits compliance, common total reward systems, pay and motivation, controlling benefit costs through plan design, compensation internal and external equity, salary compression, types of compensation designs, common mistakes in reward systems, and much more. Participants in this program will learn how to review, choose, implement, administrate, and evaluate their in-house reward system.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The ACA and health care cost controls
- Incentive pay plan options
- Various reward systems
- How to classify and pay employees legally and to market standards
- The common reasons reward systems fail and how to avoid them
- How to conduct their own compensation benchmarks and not be dependent on compensation consultants
- How to review and choose a compensation and incentive system to stimulate performance at your organization
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Human Resources Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Margaret Rozzi joined the Continuing Education team as a Program Director in 2007. Margaret has over 30 years’ Learning & Development experience in the University, Corporate, Government and Military sectors.