The successful project manager is as skillful with people as they are with project management tools and project-specific content. Effectively leading the project team and communicating with all stakeholders – either on the project team or impacted by the project scope - are key skills project managers must develop and practice to ensure project success. This course focuses on people management skills and the processes for effectively managing project communications: leading the project team, identifying stakeholders, planning and distributing information, and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Concepts, methods, tools, and techniques for communicating with the people who impact the success of your project
- Key general management skills that are necessary for leading project teams
- Stakeholder identification tools to satisfy the requirements of and resolve issues with diverse stakeholder groups
- How to build a communication plan that gathers and disperses information effectively for project success
- Identifying your preferred style of communication, your stakeholders’ communication styles, and how to more effectively communicate with others
- Leadership actions that will ensure the project team performs effectively
- Negotiation and conflict management strategies to influence stakeholders
- A process and tools that are proven to effectively analyze and manage stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of how to effectively manage project teams
- An awareness of your preferences and how to adapt to more effectively interact with others
- Proven tools to manage and influence without solid-line authority
Why Choose the UNC Charlotte Project Management Program?
- Certificate awarded by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte – a nationally recognized credential. UNC Charlotte is a large 26,000+ student, urban research, doctoral-granting university, the largest university in Charlotte and the fastest growing university in the 17 institutions in the University of North Carolina system
- Courses taught by instructors holding Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification with expert real-world knowledge tailored to the subject matter
- Project Management Institute’s (PMI) members reporting their PDU activities rated our program with a 91% satisfaction rating (higher than the 86% average rating amongst all PMI project management training providers) - as of October 2013
- Course content regularly reviewed and updated for current applicability and adherence to the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Curriculum taught at a University level and geared towards Post-Baccalaureate or postgraduate level students
- Practical application – content is designed to develop specific skill sets immediately applicable in the workplace and job market
- History of success –
- PMI registered Project Management program since 2002
- Over 2,000 enrollments
- Past participants from some of the region’s largest employers and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, Lance, Belk, TIAA-CREF, Carolinas Healthcare System, Shaw, Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Allstate, Duke Energy, Philip Morris, Balfour Beatty and many more.
- UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded
- Flexibility – take one or more courses to build a particular skill set or take all required courses to complete a certificate
- In addition to project management courses, we also offer a Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam prep course specifically designed to prepare those individuals seeking national certification.
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
UNC Charlotte is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with Project Management Institute’s (PMI), PDU credits are awarded directly by UNC Charlotte and the University maintains, in perpetuity, the records of credits awarded.
PMBOK, PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Professional (PMP), PgMP, Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI-RMP, PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI-SP, PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) THE PMI TALENT TRIANGLE and the PMI REP Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate : Required