This course focuses on using the assessment cycle as a model for planning, improvement and decision-making about student learning. Institutional Effectiveness practitioners work with faculty and staff to analyze and incorporate assessment results into practices that directly impact student learning and success.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which the guiding principles of student learning assessment can be used to improve teaching and learning, program development, and student support services.
- Construct a quality SLOA plan and report
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of curriculum mapping on student learning through the alignment of course outcomes, assignments, and assessments
- Review and provide feedback on SLOA assessment plans and reports
- Identify strategies for using assessment results for improvement (closing the loop)
- Understand the best practices of engaging stakeholders in the development and review of assessment activities
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Institutional Effectiveness Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
4-6 hours per week
Learn More about the Institutional Effectiveness Certificate Program
Complete the form below to learn more about our Institutional Effectiveness Certificate Program.