This course focuses on the various roles and responsibilities of institutional research (IR) practitioners. In this course you will gain knowledge about typical responsibilities of higher education IR professionals. You will also gain exposure to the diverse skill sets IR professionals draw on in their work. You will have introductory hands-on practice opportunities to help you expand your skills, including in the areas of data manipulation, creating logic models to evaluate programs, and data visualization.
- Describe common responsibilities and roles of IR professionals
- Identify common data sources maintained by universities and common reports IR offices complete
- Understand ethical considerations and federal regulations that impact institutional research
- Write basic computer programming code and Excel functions
- Know basic quantitative and qualitative research designs
- Understand quantitative and qualitative research methods at an introductory level, including basic best practices
- Create a logic model to evaluate a program or project
- Create a basic Tableau visualization of sample data
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Institutional Effectiveness Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
4-6 hours per week
Learn More about the Institutional Effectiveness Certificate Program
Complete the form below to learn more about our Institutional Effectiveness Certificate Program.