Today, more than 100 million young people don’t have basic reading or writing abilities. The majority of these young people are women. Six out of every ten children and teens have not gained fundamental competency in mathematics. In some countries, one girl out of every four is not in school.
If you’re passionate about the power of education to make a positive impact on sustainable development goals around the world, then you’re probably already familiar with these statistics. But it’s challenging getting hired as an education project officer, analyst, team lead or consultant in international development.
Our Education for Development program exposes you to a diverse spectrum of pedagogical work, from early childhood development to adult education, being carried out in cultural contexts around the world. This gives you the experience needed to secure a job in the sector.
- Understand key issues such as how international and local educational policies interact with one another, the influence of local languages on learning and how to improve computer literacy
- Upskill yourself in community engagement, monitoring and evaluation, communication and advocacy, project management, and finance and fundraising
- Analyze local educational policies and gain insights into on-the-ground challenges
- Learn best practices and adapt your approach based on contextual analysis during a field trip abroad.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Sustainability and Social Impact : Concentration Options