With the advancement of digital technology, employees’ expectations from training and development have changed. The training process, as well as the tools in a trainer’s toolbox, need to evolve and adapt in order to address the changing educational environment.
ATD’s new Capability Model states that disruption via technology will continue to be a reality for organizations and talent development functions. Talent Development professionals must have the ability to identify, select, and implement the right learning and talent technologies that serve the best interests of the organization and its people.
We will explore how technology, such as video and tools for mobile learning, is setting a new standard for engaging learners, improving their performance, and developing an enhanced learning experience both for learners and learning and development teams. We will learn how to use technical tools that make it easy to create and deliver great learning experiences, by engaging the learner before, during, and even after the training event is over.
- Discuss the value of technology inside and outside the classroom
- Identify the need and desire for social collaboration tools/apps for learners
- Recognize mobile learning solutions as a means to improve learning strategies and engage learners
- Determine how to achieve learning goals via video learning
- Set up and use technical tools and apps in real-time
- Foundational understanding of how to increase engagement and excitement for learners before, during, and after a training event
- Hands-on time with technical tools and apps to engage learners
- Additional technical tools and apps for your learning and development toolbox
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Learning and Development Certificate : Courses
Learn More about Learning and Development
Complete the form below to learn more about our Learning and Development Certificate program and receive a link to our free information session.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte programs have been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute for continuing education credits towards professional development hours for initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. This program has been approved for a maximum of 7 points
View Fall and Spring Course Schedule