Please see the spring 2020 course section notes for additional details.
Generational and cultural differences do exist, but to what extent do they affect working and personal relationships? By traditional definition, our age defines your generation, but what are the differences between the generations and how can understanding the differences work to your advantage?
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is the ability to relate to and work across cultures. People with higher CQ are usually more successful at blending into diverse environments. People with high CQ can quickly adapt their behavior to fit with the environment. How do we enhance our cultural awareness and understand the effect of unconscious bias on workplace performance?
This course will provide an overview of the generations, look at some of the key collision zones between generations, provide insight on how to work well together, discuss the upcoming generations, as well as how to bridge cultural gaps, build cultural intelligence and gain skills to help you succeed cross-culturally.
- What is Cultural Intelligence (CQ) and its impact on performance?
- Importance of Cultural Intelligence
- How to develop CQ in the workplace
- Overview of the generations including traits and unique characteristics of each generation
- How life stages and rhythms of history impact the generations
- Recognize key collision zones between the generations
- Understand how changing generations have disrupted businesses and the future implications of upcoming generations
- Defining and Applying Cultural Intelligence
- Describe how culture and business practices impact employee performance and organizational outcomes
- Strategies for assessing and developing cultural intelligence
- Awareness of the different generations including both commonalities and differences
- Foundational understanding of how we study the generations to better understand the generations
- Strategies and tactics for working with and communicating with the generations
- Examples of how companies have embraced the differences in the generations
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about Human Resources
Our Human Resources courses meet the needs of those individuals who are new to the HR industry, as well as seasoned veteran HR professionals looking for additional training and recertification credits to sustain their credentials.
Complete the form to learn more and view our free online information session.