Clinical outcomes have always been the most important measure of patient satisfaction. In today’s healthcare business environment, however, a more holistic view of patient engagement is demanded by the payers, patients and healthcare leadership.
Doctors, nurses and staff have, of course, always tried to provide a high-quality patient experience. The definition of “high-quality” has been expanded to include greater emphasis on wait times, communication, the environment, etc. This change necessitates both a problem-solving approach to close short-term gaps and cultural changes to assure the sustainability of higher patient satisfaction scores.
This course will arm you with tools and skills to rethink patient interactions and implement measurable improvements to patient satisfaction.
- Clarify the business imperative of non-clinical patient satisfaction
- Be prepared to compete with other providers
- Eliminate the root cause of current patient satisfaction issues
- Re-define the patient engagement model
- Apply new model to establish new, patient-focused norms
- VP or Director of Operations
- Director of Nursing or CNO
- Director of Revenue Cycle
- VP of Strategy or Marketing
- Chief HR Officer or Director of Organizational Development
- VP or Director of Quality
- Chief Information Officer
- Leader or member of a patient experience team
- The Expanding Definition of Patient Satisfaction
- Clinical outcomes versus HCAHPS
- Value of lifelong relationships
- Capturing the voice of the patient
- Mapping your proposition versus the market’s
- Define and Understand Patient Expectations
- Who is the patient?What other stakeholders (e.g. family) must we satisfy?
- What do they think, feel, want, need?
- Patient journey mapping
- Understanding emotional engagement
- Aligning the business process with the journey
- Identifying opportunities
- Finding Innovative Solutions
- Thinking outside the box
- Mapping high-level solutions
- Evaluating alternatives
- Quantifying the business impact of the new PX
- Keys to success
- Implementing Solutions
- Address organization culture issues
- Leadership and governance
Applies To The Following Certificate
Learn More about Performance Improvement in Healthcare
Learn how our Performance Improvement in Healthcare Certificate program can help you meet the challenges of today's healthcare environment and improve quality performance.