To stay competitive and build a high-performance culture, organizations are seeking to unlock the potential of their employees in order to support talent development, career and succession planning and to effectively deal with non-performance. Coaching is a key process to help employees maximize their potential. Many organizations now place a greater level of responsibility on the employee for their own personal and professional development. Providing managers and leaders with the skills to be an effective coach and to facilitate greater employee ownership is key to driving increases in individual, team and organizational performance. This course will identify effective tools for coaching, characteristics of effective coaches and build skills for developing the right coaching relationships.
- Understand the difference between coaching, mentoring and training
- Learn to set goals and provide feedback
- Discover the personal qualities required of an effective coach
- Use different coaching tools • Discuss the manager as coach concept
- Evaluate success
- Understand the success factors for a coaching relationship
- Engage the right people throughout the coaching process
- Identify the key steps involved in the coaching process
- Use questioning skills, listening skills and body language to build rapport
- Deal with challenges and resistance to coaching
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about Human Resources
Our Human Resources courses meet the needs of those individuals who are new to the HR industry, as well as seasoned veteran HR professionals looking for additional training and recertification credits to sustain their credentials..
Complete the form below access our free online information session.