- View Online Information Session
- Questions? Call us! 704-687-8900
Procurement and Supply Chain is a series of processes or steps used to produce and/or distribute goods or services to a customer. Procurement and Supply Chain Management involves the execution of securing those goods and services at a reasonable cost, and delivering them to a designated location in a timely, efficient manner. This program, one of the first in the country, is an exclusive opportunity for students to not only learn and explore the quickly growing field of Supply Chain, but for existing practitioners to master their skills as well.
UNC Charlotte has partnered with the Institute for Supply Management to offer this certificate program, which is one of the first ISM backed continuing education programs in the country. The courses are designed and delivered by ISM approved instructors and practitioners.
The first level of the program helps experienced practitioners, new hires, or career changers, formally grasp a collection of pertinent Procurement & Supply Management concepts to sharpen their skillset for advancement in their careers.
Always taught by practitioners, this program covers terms, techniques, and templates for Specifications Gathering, Project Scoping, Bid Package Creation, Bid Reply Analysis, Supplier Selection, Negotiations, Contracting, Logistics, Risk Management and more!
The program is offered in an evening or daytime format for your convenience in fall or spring:
- Evening classes are held twice a week from 6:00pm - 9:00pm for a period of 4 weeks.
- Daytime Bootcamp classes are offered in an accelerated format from 8:30am-4:30pm for 3 consecutive days.
- Overview of Supply Chain
- Identifying Sourcing Initiatives & Drafting Project Charter
- Understanding Budgets & Financial Statements
- Navigating Contracts & Key Terms
- Awareness of Logistics & Incoterms
- Negotiation Prep & Live Simulation Exercise
- Introduction to Supplier Performance & Risk Management