Organizations often ask their engineers to lead a team through a project to accomplish a strategic goal. While most engineers are comfortable serving as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on a project, they often struggle with serving as the project manager. This course aims to give the participant more familiarity with some of the tools and techniques necessary to build and lead powerful project teams.
- Starting projects on the right track and keeping them moving
- Building and leading powerful teams
- How to identify, escalate, and remove roadblocks
- Being a change agent in order to influence others
- Understanding tools and techniques for risk management
- Conducting stakeholder analysis and change readiness assessments
- Learn how to become a more confident project manager
- Improve your leadership skills
- Tools and techniques that are useful within a project
- Knowing to to overcome roadblocks that derail projects
- Coaching team members to improve their performance
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.