The course provides a general overview of the skills needed to support Lean Six Sigma practitioners as a Project Champion. The first half of the course covers an introduction to the different styles of leadership needed to champion a Lean Six Sigma project. The second half of the course covers the critical leadership skills and competencies needed to build and lead powerful Six Sigma teams in a domestic or global environment.
This is a self-paced, online course. Sign up at any time! Once you register, details about course deadlines are given at the top of the online course page. Any questions can be directed to Program Director Samantha Bumgarner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lean Six Sigma Belt System and the Champion’s role
- Finding the Six Sigma leadership style that works for you
- Foundation for building and leading powerful Lean Six Sigma teams
- Escalation of and roadblock removal as a Champion and Change Agent
- Using Coaching for Improved Black Belt/Green Belt Performance
- Find the leadership style that works for you as a Champion
- How to prepare for the future of Lean Six Sigma
- How to build and lead powerful Six Sigma teams
- How to use leadership coaching to improve yourself and your Belts
Who Should Attend
- Those seeking to learn more about becoming a Lean Six Sigma Project Champion
- Leaders that are responsible for Lean Six Sigma practitioners and their projects
- Leaders wanting to build a Lean Six Sigma culture within their organization
- Green or Black Belts wanting to learn the role of their champion or supervisor on a project
Becoming Orange Belt Certified
- Participants will take a 25 question exam multiple choice or true false and must earn a 70% or higher
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Lean Six Sigma Orange Belt Certification : Required