Who has the time to learn the jobs of others?
Have you ever found yourself challenged by a person on the operations side of business, wondered what they were talking about, and why they don't seem to understand your job and/or your department? Ever feel like the HR folks are telling you "no" for no apparent reason?
This course will help you learn the basics of what goes on in both HR and Operations. The HR department manages the structure, organization, and growth of a companies greatest assets: their employees. The Operations department's scope can be quite broad: reaching end-to-end of a company's life cycle, infrastructure, and every part of the process in between.
- Operations -- Forecasting
- Operations -- Supply Chain Management
- Operations -- Kaizens & Continuous Improvement
- HR -- Primary HR-Related Laws in the US; Analyzing Job Design
- HR -- Selecting and Training Employees (including Hiring and Recruiting)
- HR -- Developing Employees for Future Success
- Basic terminology and vocabulary for HR and Operations
- Understanding of process improvement, and ability to lead simple project improvements
- Recognition of labor laws and other drivers of HR job design
- Awareness of opportunities for improvement in areas of hiring, recruiting, and training
All course materials will be provided electronically. Registered students will receive access instructions in their enrollment reminder emails prior to class.