This online course provides a detailed and hands-on view into three of the most-widely used total quality management methodologies in the industry today.
The course covers the Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools used to improve existing processes or design new processes. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to lead Lean Six Sigma projects to improve processes within their workplace.
Included in the cost of this course is 30 minutes of project coaching each week for up to 13 weeks by a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Upon completion of a DMAIC, DMADV, or Lean project storyboard the student will be certified as a Green Belt.
- Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Define, Measure, Analyze, Design, Verify (DMADV) methodology
- Lean methodology
- Project planning
- Process mapping
- Application based tools, techniques and software used by Green Belts
- How to apply DMAIC methodology
- How to apply DMADV methodology
- How to apply Lean methodology
- How to use application based software
- Leading a Green Belt level project
- Project coaching
- Those seeking to enhance their process improvement skills and mindset
- Employees that want to lead teams within a Lean Six Sigma deployment
- Team members on a Black Belt project
- Complete the online training
- Take a test of knowledge at the end of the course that is 50 multiple choice or true false questions and earn a 70% or higher
- Be required to work a project using one of the three types of Methodologies: DMAIC, DMADV, or Lean DMAIC
- Attend 13 weeks of coaching with their Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt mentor - Coaching sessions are 30 minutes per week via conference call
- Meet with their Champion for 30 minutes each week to readout on their project
- Present the PowerPoint storyboard at the end of each phase to their Project Champion and MBB for approval (can be separate readouts)
Once you complete the coursework for your Lean Six Sigma training and earn at least a 70% on the exam, you will work independently to complete a real-world project (this is referred to as the Coaching Portion of the course).
You may decide to work on a project that would assist in improving an existing process in your workplace -- or you may design a new process within your workplace. The Coaching Portion of the course includes up to 13 weeks of coaching with instructor Jonathan Mayhorn. You will work independently with Jonathan via email for your coaching and you will receive instructions on this once the coursework portion of the course is complete. You will receive your Certification once you complete your coaching.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
4-6 hours per week
Learn More about Lean Six Sigma
Complete the form below to learn more about our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and receive a link to our free information session.
"There were a lot of takeaways from this course and very applicable to what I do. The tools of Six Sigma will prove useful in my job!"
Spring 2020 Graduate