Often engineers are asked to figure out the economic analysis of their proposed solutions. This course will serve as an introduction to cost accounting within the boundaries of a project. Some of the topics that will be covered include economic analysis of engineering alternatives, including the time value of money, cash flow analysis, cost estimation, and project evaluation.
As a result of this course, engineers should feel more comfortable presenting their economic analysis case to leadership for approval.
- Evaluating solution alternatives
- Calculating the time value of money
- Analysis of cash flow
- Estimating Cost and Benefits
- Evaluating the benefits case of a potential project
- Learn how to choose the right project based on savings and costs
- Be able to choose the right solution for the organization
- Calculate the time value of money
- Perform cash flow analysis
- Present your economic analysis case to leadership