The successful project manager is as skillful with people as they are with project management tools and project-specific content. Effectively leading the project team and communicating with all stakeholders – either on the project team or impacted by the project scope - are key skills project managers must develop and practice to ensure project success. This course focuses on people management skills and the processes for effectively managing project communications: leading the project team, identifying stakeholders, planning and distributing information, and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Concepts, methods, tools, and techniques for communicating with the people who impact the success of your project
- Key general management skills that are necessary for leading project teams
- Stakeholder identification tools to satisfy the requirements of and resolve issues with diverse stakeholder groups
- How to build a communication plan that gathers and disperses information effectively for project success
- Identifying your preferred style of communication, your stakeholders’ communication styles, and how to more effectively communicate with others
- Leadership actions that will ensure the project team performs effectively
- Negotiation and conflict management strategies to influence stakeholders
- A process and tools that are proven to effectively analyze and manage stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of how to effectively manage project teams
- An awareness of your preferences and how to adapt to more effectively interact with others
- Proven tools to manage and influence without solid-line authority
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Project Management Certificate : Required
Learn More about Project Management
Accelerate your career with the Project Management Certificate. Complete the form below to access our free recorded online information session.